Skystrideria

Monday, April 25, 2005

Stories and Myths Extended Edition

Now that I have thought about it, I have changed my mind about Stories and Myths. I think my views can be best represented as a graph. Note that many of these genres will overlap more or less.
Less Specific: Oral Myth
                Written Myth
                Vague story
                Specific story
                Illustrated Story
More Specific:  Movie


A myth that is orally told is usually less specific. There is plenty room for imagination. However, a story with a picture is much more specific. You are given a visual image of the story by the interpretation of the author or illustrator. And then, there are movies. In a movie you are restricted to just the director's interpretation. All types have their uses, but some may be more interesting than others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home