Skystrideria

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Well, it has been awhile. I just wanted to tell everyone about a blog I found. While reading something by Dr. Grant, I saw that he likes "Architectural New Urbanism." This piqued my curiosity, so I searched for the phrase on Google. This brought me too a website named "Architecture + Morality." This is a website created by an architect from Dallas and a pastor. Both of these guys seem to be working towards excellence in their callings, and they have some really fascinating ideas about the convergence of their professions. I do not agree with every facet of their thoughts, but they are completely right on a surprising number of issues. Some interesting articles I would recommend are titled "Beauty and Waste: More Thoughts on Space and Worship" or "Modern vs. Contemporary: Language in the Church." In their study of architecture, it is possible that they might study the arts of the enemy too closely, just as Saruman did. However, I think that they possess both a balanced and Biblical view of the issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home