Skystrideria

Monday, August 25, 2008

This grainy picture may not mean much to most of you, but it would not take long for anyone in my family to identify it. It is a picture of our car turning into our driveway, as recorded by the Google Street View car. But that is not the most of it. The context of the images reveal a large number of pine-needles and leaves beside a dry road. This means that the picture was taken sometime in the fall. The lighting suggests that it was taken during the late evening. Moreover, since the Google car has not been operating for very long, this event probably did not occur while our grandparents were living at this house and driving this car. In other words, it could only have happened last fall, during an evening. I have to conclude that I was driving the car home after school one day, only to be caught unawares by a very distinctive vehicle. No, I do not have any recollection of seeing anything that could have been it. Sure, I was only using the car in the evening during two or three days of the week last fall, but I am the most probable culprit. I can only conclude that I am not as observant as I thought myself to be.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM , Blogger Jeremy VanGelder said...

    And you can see me again on Street View here:

    https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-122.432969!3d45.537409!2m2!1f147.68!2f84.41!4f75!2m5!1e1!2m3!1siA3x2-98JKQoxUMFkIq1Vg!2e0!7e11&fid=5

    This time I was doing a GPS project for the City of Fairview.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home