Skystrideria

Saturday, January 28, 2006

High School Science Bowl. It is a good opportunity to reassure myself that I still can spout off random science facts when neccesary. In fact, I seem to have actually advanced in knowledge since middle school. Pretty good, since I haven't studied for the event in two years. But then, no one else was getting the really easy geology questions. How could people not know about the ground they walk on? Anyways, my team went 3-1 in the round robins, made it to the outrounds. Once at that level, we won another round, lost the next, went into the loser's bracket, and finally lost one more round.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM , Blogger The Patriot said...

    Hey!
    I was very surprised to see that you are learning Arabic; wow. Can I ask you why? I would LOVE to go to Iraq or Afghan. (fine, call me crazy :) but goodness; the language must be so hard to learn!

    God bless...

     
  • At 5:42 PM , Blogger Jeremy said...

    1. Because the "normal" languages to learn (Spanish, French, etc.) seem so boring and routine.

    2. Because Arabic seems rather interesting and unique.

    3. Because my twisted "role-model" guy says that it is relatively easy to learn.

    4. Oh yeah, a lot of people who are sworn enemies of America speak it.

     
  • At 5:29 AM , Blogger The Patriot said...

    Wow. So if I want to learn Arabic someday, I'll contact you, right? :) Is it very hard for you to learn? That's really cool.

     
  • At 6:18 AM , Blogger Jeremy said...

    Well, I haven't gotten very far yet, but it hasn't been terribly difficult. The alphabet is the main challenge for the beginner, but after you have that down you just learn vocabulary. And that isn't terribly difficult because the system of prefixes/suffixes is very comprehensive. I haven't heard about the grammar, though.

     
  • At 6:38 AM , Blogger The Patriot said...

    What course do you use?

     
  • At 8:22 AM , Blogger Jeremy said...

    Right now I am using a rather generic book to learn the alphabet, and the Rosetta Stone software for vocabulary.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home